- Napoli's surprise defeat puts Juventus within reach of title11:14 | 04/04/2019
Second-placed Napoli suffered a surprise defeat at lowly Empoli, who moved out of Serie A’s relegation zone.
Napoli have not won Serie A since 1990
Carlo Ancelotti’s side are 18 points behind runaway leaders Juventus with eight games to play.
The title will be decided this weekend if Juve beat AC Milan on Saturday and Napoli lose to Genoa the following day.
Piotr Zielinski smashed in a 30 yard equaliser after Diego Farias’ deflected shot put Empoli in front, but Giovanni di Lorenzo got a 53rd-minute winner.
Inter Milan consolidated third place by thrashing Genoa 4-0, Striker Mauro Icardi returned to the side for the first time since February and scored from the penalty spot, while Roberto Gagliardini netted twice for the visitors.
Roma’s hopes of claiming a Champions League spot suffered a setback after Claudio Ranieri’s side drew 2-2 at home against Fiorentina, while Laziosuffered a surprise 1-0 loss at SPAL.
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.