- Rennes 2-2 Monaco: Radamel Falcao scores twice to boost visitors' survival hopes11:41 | 02/05/2019
Radamel Falcao rescued struggling Monaco with two second-half goals in a 2-2 draw at Rennes on Wednesday.
Radamel Falcao earned Monaco what could prove a valuable point
The hosts, who beat Paris Saint-Germain in a dramatic French Cup final last weekend, raced into a 2-0 lead after just nine minutes as quick moves were finished off by striker Adrien Hunou.
But Monaco hit back through Falcao’s diving header (69) and superb scissor-kick volley (75), the veteran Colombia striker taking his tally to 14 goals.
The visitors move up to 16th place in Ligue 1 – four points outside the relegation zone with four games left – but face a difficult end to the league campaign with fourth-placed Saint-Etienne visiting on Sunday, before tough trips to Nimes and local rival Nice.
Rennes are in 11th place and have qualified for the Europa League through their cup triumph.
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.