- Ancelotti wants Cannavaro as assistant10:15 | 29/05/2013
Fabio Cannavaro could return to Real Madrid if Carlo Ancelotti becomes the club’s new manager.
The Italian coach has outlined the former Real centre-back – who played at the club four years ago – as one of his possible assistants. Ancelotti has been assessing who is best to become his right-hand man and Cannavaro fits the bill perfectly.
The Former Chelsea boss has had two assistants at Paris Saint-Germain – Paul Clement and Claude Makélélé. The Frenchman – who also used to play for ‘Los Blancos’ is another option the Italian is weighing up, along with Argentine Hernán Crespo. Ancelotti likes to have experienced and charismatic people in his coaching team and Cannavaro’s profile fits like a glove.
Ancelotti and Cannavaro have an excellent relationship. Cannavaro played under the manager at Parma for two seasons (1996-97 and 1997-98). Since then the pair share an understanding and football vision – they like their teams to be well organised, to fight together, to be well structured and competitive.
The former Real defender knows the club well, understands Spanish football, knows the club’s captains – Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos – and was a favourite with the fans.
According to Marca
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.