- Ancelotti's first recruit could be Cannavaro, claims agent09:34 | 26/06/2013
The 54-year-old is reportedly keen on making the former Italy captain part of his backroom staff having officially taken the reins with the Liga giants on Tuesday
Newly-appointed Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti has contacted Fabio Cannavaro about returning to the Bernabeu in a coaching capacity, according to the former defender’s agent.
The World Cup winner enjoyed a three-year spell in Madrid as a player and Cannavaro’s agent Enrico Fedele, claims the 54-year-old has already enquired about his client’s availability to accept a position on his backroom staff.
“There have been some telephone conversations,” Fedele told Radio Kiss Kiss. “But I am not aware of any future decisions.
“Fabio wants to coach and get some experience behind a charismatic coach who knows how to handle a large squad.
The 39-year-old, who spent two years playing under Ancelotti during their time at Parma, called time on his illustrious playing-career in July 2011 following a series of recurring knee injuries.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.