- Andrea Rinaldi: Atalanta midfielder dies aged 19 after suffering aneurysm10:37 | 12/05/2020
Atalanta midfielder Andrea Rinaldi has died aged 19 after suffering a brain aneurysm on Friday while training at home during the coronavirus lockdown.
Legnano described Rinaldi as “a golden boy, exemplary in life and play”
Rinaldi was part of the youth system at Atalanta and had been on loan at Serie D side Legnano this season.
“Always available and positive, he knew how to make himself well-liked by everyone,” said an Atalanta statement.
Legnano described Rinaldi’s death as “a sudden and shocking tragedy, impossible even to imagine”.
Legnano’s statement, which confirmed the cause of death, added: “Andrea fought for three days after the illness that hit him. Unfortunately there was nothing to do.”
Italian media reported that Rinaldi died at hospital in Varese on Monday morning.
Rinaldi had been at Serie A side Atalanta since the age of 13, winning the Under-17 league title and Super Cup in 2016.
He previously had loans spells at Imolese and Mezzolara and had made 23 appearances for Legnano this season, scoring one goal.
“Just as on the pitch you were always the last to surrender, this time too you fought with all your might not to fly away too soon,” Atalanta’s statement added.
“President Antonio Percassi and the whole Atalanta family, deeply moved, send their most heartfelt sympathy to Andrea Rinaldi’s family members and AC Legnano for his passing.”
Atalanta’s Rinaldi scored in the 2017 U17 Serie A final against Inter Milan
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.