- Arsenal to move for Llorente17:18 | 11/10/2013
Llorente a possible option for Arsenal: The Daily Mirror suggests that Fernando Llorente could be a stop-gap option for Arsene Wenger as he searches for a new striker this January.
The story claims that Wenger is still keen on taking Luis Suarez to the Emirates, although he may find it difficult to secure any of his top targets. But with Llorente having largely been left on the bench since his move to Juventus from Athletic Bilbao over the summer, the Spaniard could be available on loan in the New Year.
Paper Round’s view: Wenger may indeed have to start thinking of a striker other than Suarez, who is thought to be keen on a ‘dream’ move to Real Madrid. If that does happen, Karim Benzema is likely to become available, but not until the summer, leaving Wenger to do a loan deal to see him through until then. Llorente represents a decent temporary option – he’s big and strong, he could well thrive in the Premier League. And with Carlos Tevez ahead of him in the Old Lady’s pecking order, surely he would jump at the chance to regular football elsewhere.
– – –
According to Yahoo
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.