- Atletico Madrid ask La Liga to block Antoine Griezmann's Barcelona registration16:38 | 25/07/2019
Atletico Madrid have asked La Liga to block Antoine Griezmann’s registration at Barcelona following their dispute over his release clause, according to president Javier Tebas.
Atletico Madrid are disputing Antoine Griezmann’s move to Barcelona
Barcelona confirmed the signing of the French World Cup winner last week, saying in a statement they had met the 28-year-old’s £108m buyout.
However, Atletico insist that is not enough, claiming Griezmann had agreed to move to the Nou Camp before July 1, when his £180m release clause was brought down to £108m.
Griezmann made his Barca debut in the 2-1 friendly defeat to Chelsea on Tuesday but La Liga president Tebas has said Atletico have asked the Spanish league to block the player’s registration and explained that it would be possible to do.
“Atletico wrote to us and placed in doubt whether or not we should grant Griezmann’s licence at Barcelona,” he told radio station Onda Cero.
“There is a mechanism that has been put in place and it will be the organisations that must resolve the situation. We don’t have the element of judgement.”
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.