- 'Barcelona's golden days are over' - Kahn10:59 | 13/09/2013
The former Germany star claims the Blaugrana’s performance in the Champions League last term has demonstrated that they are past their best.
Barcelona’s era of dominance in football is over, according to Bayern Munich legend Oliver Kahn.
The Blaugrana won three Ligas, two Champions League titles and two Copa del Rey trophies under then-coach Pep Guardiola who is now at Bayern.
Kahn believes Guardiola will be able to keep the treble winners at the top in football, despite many experts predicting Barca to bounce back under Gerardo Martino and the signing of Neymar.
“I believe that Barcelona’s best days are over,” Kahn told TV Movie.
“There are no dominant teams in Europe which a German side must fear.
“The formative success of Bayern calls for a change and new ideas. I think the team will find a solution to this task with their many intelligent players.”
Barca face Sevilla at Camp Nou this weekend before turning their focus towards their Champions League opener with Ajax on September 18.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.