- Barzagli nearing new Juventus deal12:13 | 11/02/2014
Italy international Andrea Barzagli is close to agreeing a new contract with Juventus, according to his agent.
The 32-year-old defender has been a pivotal player for Juve since moving to the Turin giants from Wolfsburg in 2011.
Barzagli, whose current deal with Juve expires in the summer of 2015, is hoping to extend his contract for a further two years in the next few months.
“Barzagli is very close to signing a contract extension,” Barzagli’s agent Claudio Orlandini said to Gazzetta dello Sport.
“We are having meetings with Juventus and there are no problems whatsoever.
“We expect the signature to take place in the next few months.”
Barzagli, who is set to be included in Italy’s World Cup squad this summer, has made 19 league appearances for the Serie A leaders this season.
According to Fox sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.