- Cameroon, Ghana play out forgettable 0-0 draw13:05 | 30/06/2019
Cameroon and Ghana, two of the most successful teams in Africa Cup of Nations history, cancelled each other out in a forgettable 0-0 draw in their Group F match on Saturday.
Cameroon moved top of their group with Saturday’s draw with Ghana. Backpage Pix
Ghana nearly snatched the points in the 88th minute when Kwabena Owusu intercepted a wayward pass, charged forward and fired a ferocious shot against the bar.
Apart from that, the two sides served up a feast of misplaced passes, poor first touches and wayward finishing on another searing evening at the Ismailia stadium, while there were some unusual decisions from the referee.
Ghana defender Jonathan Mensah was one of the few players to distinguish himself, making three key interventions to prevent a Cameroon goal.
Holders Cameroon top the group with four points from two games, while Ghana have two points after drawing both their matches.
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.