- Cavani nets on debut as PSG held by Ajaccio09:45 | 19/08/2013
Ligue 1, Parc des Princes – PSG 1 (Cavani 86) Ajaccio 1 (Pedretti 9).
Edinson Cavani scored his first goal for Paris Saint-Germain as they left it late to rescue a 1-1 draw against Ajaccio.
The €64million (£55m) man rifled in an 86th minute equaliser after Benoit Pedretti had gifted the visitors a shock lead with their first attack of game.
But despite their dominance, in which the home side fired in 39 shots compared to Ajaccio’s one, Laurent Blanc’s men struggled to find a way past an inspired Guillermo Ochoa in goal.
Thiago Silva rattled the crossbar twice and Alex saw his header cleared off the line by goalscorer Pedretti as the second half quickly descended into a relentless attacking onslaught.
Ezequiel Lavezzi had a late penalty shout waved away but former Marseille favourite Fabrizio Ravanelli had the last laugh as he returned to haunt the reigning French champions.
According to Yahoo
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.