- Champions League draw: Barcelona take on Manchester City as Arsenal face Bayern Munich again07:57 | 17/12/2013
Elsewhere there’s a reunion for Didier Drogba and Jose Mourinho, Real Madrid take on Schalke and Manchester United draw Olympiakos at the round of 16 stage
Manchester City against Barcelona is the pick of the ties to emerge from Monday’s Champions League Round of 16 draw in Nyon.
The Spanish champions will face Manuel Pellegrini’s free-scoring side after being drawn first out of the pot in the proceedings. Jose Mourinho faces another reunion with former striker Didier Drogba after his Chelsea side were drawn against Galatasaray, who edged out Juventus on matchday six of the group phase.
Arsenal will face Bayern Munich, meanwhile, in a repeat of their encounter from last season, while fellow Bundesliga outfit Schalke face the daunting task of nine-time champions Real Madrid.
Elsewhere, Manchester United will face Greek champions Olympiakos, while Paris Saint-Germain take on Bundesliga high-flyers Bayer Leverkusen.
AC Milan’s reward for edging into the last 16 is Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid. Finally, Borussia Dortmund – beaten finalists last season – face Russian giants Zenit St Petersburg.
The sides who finished as group runners-up will host the first leg encounters on the February 18/19 and 25/26, while the second legs take place on March 11/12 and 18/19.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.