- Chelsea target wants Tottenham move in January14:29 | 03/09/2017
Ross Barkley is determined to join Tottenham in January after failing to secure a summer move away from Everton, reports The Daily Mirror.
The 23-year-old was on the verge of joining Chelsea on deadline day before sensationally pulling out of a deal at the 11th hour.
Barkley has since refuted claims he changed his mind on a move to Stamford Bridge halfway through his Chelsea medical, but Antonio Conte’s side had agreed a £30m fee with their league rivals.
The England international, who is currently injured until the end of the year, reportedly felt pressured to join Chelsea and pulled out of a move in order to consider his options ahead of the January transfer window.
Everton will no longer be able to command the same £30m fee as Barkley will have entered the final six months of his existing deal, but their No.8 has his sights set on joining Tottenham.
Ronald Koeman’s side reportedly refused to do business with Tottenham late in the transfer window, which pushed Barkley towards a move to Chelsea.
Of players that have scored at least 15 Premier League goals since August 2014, no player has a worse conversion rate than Barkley (6.4%).
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.