- Dani Alves: I will not retire at Barcelona16:19 | 15/11/2013
The Brazil international has revealed that he aims to end his professional career at Bahia, where he plied his trade before his move to Europe.
Dani Alves has made it clear that he does not intend to stay at Barcelona until the end of his playing career as he wants to retire at Bahia instead.
The 30-year-old started his career at the Brazilian side before joining Sevilla in 2002 and eventually moving to Barcelona in the summer of 2008.
Alves has since made over 250 official appearances for the Catalans, yet he is eager to return to the club where it all started for him toward the end of his career.
“I am not considering retiring at Barcelona because I want to end my career where I started it: at Bahia,” the Brazil international told Sport.
“It would be hypocrite to suggest that I might retire at Barca, because that’s not really an option. Bahia is where I first got my big break.
“I want to keep on playing here for many more years, but I will not retire at Barcelona.”
Alves has a contract with Barca until the summer of 2015.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.