- Denis Suarez returns to boyhood club Celta Vigo from Barcelona13:33 | 01/07/2019
Denis Suarez has agreed a move back to boyhood club Celta Vigo on a four-year deal from Barcelona.
Denis Suarez managed only six substitute appearances for Arsenal during his loan spell at the club from Barcelona last season
The Galician club will pay Barca 12.9m euros (£11.5m) for the 25-year-old, plus a further 3.1 million euros depending on performances.
Suarez came through Celta’s academy, playing for the reserves before moving to Manchester City at the age of 17 where he failed to make a single competitive appearance for the Premier League side.
He returned to Spain in 2013 to join Barcelona’s reserve team before going out on loan to Sevilla and Villarreal and then finally breaking into Barcelona’s first team in 2016, making a total of 16 La Liga starts for the Catalans over two campaigns.
But after not starting a league game for the La Liga side last term, Suarez went out on loan to Arsenal in January.
However, his second spell in England was overshadowed by injuries as he failed to break into the starting line-up, making just six substitute appearances for Unai Emery’s side.
Source – Goal.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.