- Diego Maradona released from hospital after internal bleeding08:30 | 05/01/2019
Argentina legend Diego Maradona has been released from hospital after being admitted with internal bleeding in his stomach, his daughter said.
Diego Maradona was present at all of Argentina’s 2018 World Cup games/Photo: BBC News
The 58-year-old was having a routine medical in his home country when doctors discovered the problem.
However, his family said the diagnosis was not serious.
“For those who were really worried about my dad I can tell you that he is well,” his daughter Dalma said. “He is going home soon.”
Reuters news agency later reported Maradona had left the hospital.
Maradona, who captained Argentina to World Cup victory in 1986, is coach of Mexican second division side Dorados de Sinaloa.
He was taken ill during Argentina’s victory over Nigeria at last year’s World Cup in Russia but later said he was “fine”.
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.