- England draw with Croatia, but exit U21 Euros12:13 | 25/06/2019
Croatia came from behind three times against England to earn a 3-3 draw in the teams Group C finale at the Under-21 European Championship on Monday night.
England players celebrate after scoring a goal against Croatia at the 2019 Under-21 European Championship. Getty Images
Leicester striker James Maddison restored England’s lead early in the second half, but a fine, curling, first-time shot from Nikola Vlasic levelled the score at 2-2 in the 62nd minute with the latter being withdrawn after being injured on the scoring play.
However, England would retake the lead yet again, this time through a Jonjoe Kenny cracker from 20 yards out that left Croatia keeper Ivo Grbic no chance and saw his team fall behind 3-2.
For the third and final time, though, Croatia got back on level terms as Brekalo was played into the England penalty area and nutmegged Dean Henderson after the keeper was drawn off his line.
The result means Croatia and England will miss out on the knockout rounds with both sides managing just a single point in Group C play.
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.