- Evra reveals he's considering quitting Manchester United next summer for 'personal' reasons09:44 | 22/10/2013
Patrice Evra has suggested that he will leave Manchester United in the summer.
The French left-back was asked whether he was concerned that his contract was going to expire in June and his response suggested he wants to depart Old Trafford for pastures new.
Evra was sad that Sir Alex Ferguson retired and was also not impressed by the club’s pursuit of Leighton Baines and Fabio Coentrao.
He said to Telefoot: ‘No, not at all [concerned]. It is a personal thing. It is not that Manchester United do not want me to sign a new contract. This whole thing is personal. Manchester United would like me to finish my career there, but this is something personal.’
United chief Ed Woodward has admitted to a fans forum that Baines was the club’s primary target this summer but Everton’s asking price was too high.
Evra has been linked with a move to his former side Monaco and French moneybags Paris Saint-Germain for several months.
Evra is also in hot water because of comments from the same interview in which he attacked a host of pundits.
He has been asked by the French Football Federation to explain his outburst in which he labelled 1998 World Cup winner Bixente Lizarazu and three other pundits ‘tramps’ on French TV.
According to Dailymail
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.