- "Extending the Ballon d'Or voting period was a disgrace"11:41 | 20/12/2013
Franck Ribéry fiercely criticised FIFA for extending the voting period for the Ballon d’Or at the very last minute: “It’s the first time it’s happened. It’s a disgrace and a disadvantage but I’m not scared. I’m calm,” he told ‘SportBild’.
The Bayern Munich star said that it makes no difference to him if Ronaldo goes to the ceremony or not: “I haven’t spoken to Cristiano or with any other teammates about him. Why would I? I don’t care if he comes or not. I’m honoured to be one of the three finalists, so of course I’m attending the gala.”
Ribéry did not hesitate to compare himself with Messi: “Pep has talked to me a lot about Messi and his game. He gives me free rein to do whatever I want. He lets me play through the middle, on the left, on the right. Pep tells me: ‘It’s important for you to have the ball’. I’m like Messi when I break down the wing. Pep probably would have wanted me to sign for Barça, but luckily for Bayern, that didn’t happen.”
According to Marca
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.