- Five highlights of V-League Eximbank Round 1515:00 | 08/05/2014
Thanh Hoa experienced a sweet round of competition last weekend with a revenge victory over Dong Nai, while Becamex Binh Duong continued their reign atop the provisional standings. The following are the five most noteworthy highlights of the 15th round.
1. Thanh Hoa get revenge for first-leg loss to Dong Nai
Thanh Hoa avenged their 0-8 first-leg loss to Dong Nai by rolling past the southern team 3-0 at home in their second-leg meeting on Saturday. The important victory helped relieve Thanh Hoa’s humiliation from their previous heavy defeat and boosted their confidence in the ongoing race for this year’s V-League title.
2. Becamex Binh Duong cement top spot
The home-field 2-0 win over Vicem Hai Phong on May 3 ensured Binh Duong’s advantage over Thanh Hoa in the bid for the V-League’s top position. Both teams currently have 29 points, but Binh Duong sits atop the table thanks to their better goal difference.
3. Gia Lai and Nghe An quench thirst for victory
Hoang Anh Gia Lai and Song Lam Nghe An enjoyed promotions in the provisional V-League standings last weekend as both teams found the paths to victory in the 15th round. Following a five-game winless run, the Gia Lai team finally tasted victory once more with a home-field 3-2 victory against Quang Ninh Coal. Nghe An also bounced back strongly after an unlucky April (three losses and one draw) with an 2-1 away win over Dong Tam Long An.
4. An Giang continue losing streak
Hung Vuong An Giang failed to create a miracle in their 15th-round meeting with defending champions Hanoi T&T, as they conceded a discouraging 1-4 defeat. This failure raised the number of An Giang’s losses in this year’s season to 11 and held them at the bottom of the V-League table with just four points.
5. Home-field advantage pays off
Home-field advantage proved important in the teams’ hunt for victory, with four of the six host teams finishing victorious in the 15th round of play: Hoang Anh Gia Lai, Becamex Binh Duong, Thanh Hoa and Hanoi T&T.
According to Nhandan
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.