- Galliani: 'Milan are not a team of bums'09:22 | 06/09/2013
The San Siro giants have not won the Scudetto for three seasons but the 69-year-old has pointed to the Uefa rankings as evidence that they remain the top club in the country
AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has told the returning Kaka that he has not joined a “team of bums”, arguing that the Rossoneri remain Italy’s No.1 team.
Juventus may have won the title for the past two seasons but the 69-year-old says that the statistics show that the San Siro outfit are still superior.
“We are the first Italian club in Europe; just look at the Uefa rankings,” Galliani told reporters at Kaka’s official unveiling on Thursday.
“Milan, out of those who play in the group stage, are the Italian team that has scored the most points in the last five years: Milan 378 points, Juve 358 and Inter 354.”
“I don’t like this story that is told to us. We won a Scudetto three years ago. We were first up until April two years ago. Then, last yyear, we finished third.
“I claim both the past and present of Milan with pride.
“Ricky, I say these things because you have not arrived at a team of bums.”
Kaka, who won the Ballon d’Or during his previous stint in Milan, has rejoined the Rossoneri after four years in Spain with Real Madrid.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.