- Gareth Bale: Real Madrid forward to be fit for Wales Euro 2020 qualifier19:19 | 07/03/2019
Gareth Bale is expected to return from an ankle injury in time for Wales’ first Euro 2020 qualifier against Slovakia on 24 March.
Gareth Bale scored twice in last season’s Champions League final against Liverpool
Bale, 29, suffered the injury during Real Madrid’s shock 4-1 defeat at home to Ajax in the last 16 of the Champions League on Tuesday.
He was hobbling badly towards the end of the game and is set to miss Sunday’s La Liga match at Real Valladolid.
But sources close to Bale are confident he will be fit to face Slovakia.
Four days before that opening Euro 2020 qualifier at Cardiff City Stadium, Wales have a friendly against Trinidad and Tobago in Wrexham on 20 March.
Bale is in the midst of a difficult period at Real, having been jeered by some of the club’s fans during Saturday’s defeat by Barcelona. His agent described the reception as “nothing short of a disgrace”.
Against Ajax, the former Tottenham player joined the action – with his side already two goals down on the night – to a less hostile reception than he received from Real fans at the weekend.
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.