- HCM City beat Hong Kong in football tournament11:15 | 06/11/2015
Despite heavy rain, hosts HCM City beat Hong Kong 6-0 in the opening match of the International Women’s Football Tournament at Thong Nhat Stadium on November 4.
Thuy Trang and Hoai Luong scored two goals for the hosts a few minutes into the match.
HCM City footballers scored four more goals later, thanks to the efforts of Luong, Huynh Nhu, Ngoc Hieu and Thuy Trinh.
In an earlier match, Myanmar’s youth team crushed Far Eastern University (FEU) of the Philippines 6-0.
On November 6, Hong Kong will face FEU, and HCM City meet Myanmar.
Four teams are competing in a round-robin format in the tournament. The winners will receive US$5,000.
The women’s tournament is one of the efforts being taken by HCM City to give its players international competitive experience.
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.