- Hernanes eyes great things at Inter Milan09:30 | 05/02/2014
Brazilian midfielder Hernanes firmly believes that Inter Milan will help him reach the sort of heights that he would never be able to achieve at Lazio.
Hernanes joined Inter last Friday on a permanent transfer from Lazio.
The 28-year-old, a fan favourite at the Biancoceleste club, signed a contract with the San Siro outfit until June 2018.
“When I arrived to Lazio I thought I would be able to achieve great things like win a scudetto or play in the Champions League,” Hernanes said to Gazzetta dello Sport. “However, after three-and-a-half years with the Roman outfit, I understood there would be no possibility to achieve this at Lazio.
“Inter’s project convinced me, and the Nerazzurri are the right club for me.
“It’s true that Lazio president Claudio Lotito offered me a big contract to remain at the club but I chose Inter because the Nerazzurri have high ambitions.
“It was never a question of money.”
Hernanes is expected to make his Inter debut in Sunday’s game against Sassuolo.
According to Foxsports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.