- 'Heynckes is 99 per cent going to Madrid'09:09 | 31/05/2013
Bayern Munich midfielder Anatoliy Tymoshchuk has claimed that the outgoing Bavarian boss is almost certain to replace Jose Mourinho in charge at the Santiago Bernabeu
Jose Mourinho will take charge of his last game on Saturday for the Blancos, against Osasuna, while the Bavarians boss will attempt to achieve an unprecedented German treble in the DFB-Pokal final against Stuttgart on the same day.
With Mourinho en route to Chelsea and Pep Guardiola stepping into Heynckes’ shoes at the Allianz Arena, Tymoshchuk has suggested that Heynckes will return to the Santiago Bernabeu in the coming weeks rather than consider retirement.
“There is a 99 per cent chance that Heynckes will train Real Madrid,” he said to Russia 2.
Heynckes spent a single season at Madrid and lifted the Champions League with the Spanish side, but he was fired after failing to perform domestically as the club finished fourth in the table.
Tymoshchuk confirmed that he would be leaving the Allianz Arena this summer but refused to reveal his destination, while insisting that Arjen Robben – who scored the Champions League-winning goal in the final – is set to stay at Bayern.
“Robben told me he’s certain to stay in Bayern,” the Ukrainian added. “And I’m leaving. I can’t say where until Monday. Not [Borussia] Dortmund for sure!”
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.