- Ibrahimovic missing as AC Milan drop points to Verona14:23 | 03/02/2020
AC Milan, missing forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic with a bout of flu, were held 1-1 at home by Verona as Daniel Maldini, the son of club legend Paolo Maldini, made his Rossoneri debut.
Daniel Maldini has big shoes to fill at AC Milan. Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images
Samu Castillejo then hit the post for Milan in stoppage time as they chased a winner following the 90th-minute introduction of Maldini, an 18-year-old attacking midfielder.
“The debut was a goal that I had set,” Daniel, who wore the No. 98 shirt, told Milan’s TV channel. “Now let’s hope we can continue it.”
Born in 2001, Daniel became the first player born in his millennium to play in the top division for Milan.
Paolo’s 647 games for Milan remains a Serie A record. The former left-back, who is now technical director at AC Milan, won the Scudetto seven times and the Champions League on five occasions.
Milan stayed eighth following the draw.
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.