- Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez opens door to MLS move in future10:40 | 03/12/2019
Mexico forward Javier Hernandez has refused to rule out playing in Major League Soccer later in his career.
Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez has one goal for Sevilla in La Liga. David Aliaga/MB Media/Getty Images
Hernandez — also known as “Chicharito” — moved to Sevilla in the summer following a spell in the Premier League with West Ham.
“Yes, definitely,” he told the LA Times when asked if he had thought about continuing his career in the U.S. “Look, I am always thinking about my future. I want to be as open as I can to any opportunity.
“MLS is a league that is improving. It is an opportunity. Every league is an opportunity.”
Hernandez left Mexico in 2010 when he joined Manchester United from Guadalajara and became an instant hit with 20 goals in his first season en route to a Premier League title.
He helped United win another title two years later but left to join Real Madrid on loan for the 2014-15 campaign where he won the FIFA Club World Cup before moving to Bayer Leverkusen permanently.
After two seasons in Germany, he moved back to England with West Ham. He joined Sevilla in the summer and has scored one goal in seven La Liga appearances.
Hernandez, 31, is Mexico’s all-time leading scorer with 52 goals in 109 appearances.
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.