- Kieran Trippier: Atletico Madrid agree deal with Tottenham for defender20:12 | 17/07/2019
Atletico Madrid have agreed a £21.7m (€24m) deal with Tottenham to sign Kieran Trippier, Sky Sports News understands.
Kieran Trippier is nearing a move to Atletico Madrid
Spurs were offered the chance to sign striker Angel Correa during negotiations but have instead opted for a straight cash deal.
Trippier is due in Spain on Wednesday to undergo a medical and there is confidence on all sides that the transfer can be completed by the weekend.
Sky Sports News revealed last week Trippier is also on Bayern Munich’s shortlist, while Spurs’ other right-back, Serge Aurier, is available for transfer this summer.
Marseille’s Hiroki Sakai is the type of player Tottenham want to bring in to replace Trippier and Aurier, Sky Sports News understands.
Trippier’s impending move was discussed on Sky Sports News‘ weekday morning show, Good Morning Transfers – with the panel of the opinion that the move would be good for player, club and even England.
“It’s great business for Tottenham,” said Sky Sports‘ Mark McAdam. “He’s been a loyal servant to the club. It takes a lot of character to go abroad, learn a different language, put yourself in a different environment. What an opportunity to work under Diego Simeone, too.”
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.