- Koscielny: I'm happy at Arsenal13:56 | 01/07/2013
The France international has dismissed rumours linking him with a move away from the Emirates Stadium and insists he is enjoying his time with the Gunners.
Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has dismissed speculation linking him with a move away from the club this summer.
Koscielny has been reportedly interesting the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich following a strong second half of the season.
But the 27-year-old says he has no intention of leaving Arsenal and is happy with life at the club.
Asked if he was seeking a move from Arsenal, Koscielny told reporters: “I never said that. I feel very well at Arsenal.
“I am aware it’s a great club and I have a four-year contract. I know there’s talk about me and Barcelona and Bayern, but people make their own conclusions.
“The facts are simple: I have a contract at a club where I am happy. Full stop. We all know how situations change in football but I repeat that I’m not one to make castles in the sky.
“I live in the moment, I seek nothing but to play the best I can.
“In my mind my goal is to win trophies with Arsenal with whom I’m about to start pre-season training. I’ve no ulterior motives.
“I’m at a healthy club, which plays beautiful football, doesn’t lose money every year, sticks to its own budget and plays in the Champions League. Not many players can say the same.”
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.