- Leonardo: PSG director gets ban extended for referee push09:48 | 05/07/2013
Paris St-Germain sporting director Leonardo has had his suspension for pushing a referee extended to 13 months – ruling him out for all next season.
The former Brazil midfielder, 43, was handed a nine-month ban in May.
Leonardo was filmed using his shoulder to make contact with Alexandre Castro in the tunnel after being angered by Thiago Silva’s red card in PSG’s 1-1 draw with Valenciennes.
He appealed but is now banned from all official duties until 30 June 2014.
Leonardo – who is also suspended from standing on the touchline during PSG games – would have been due back in February but will now miss the club’s entire season.
The French champions were also given a suspended three-point deduction for the 2013-14 campaign.
Leonardo, who won the World Cup with Brazil in 1994, denied barging the official but was found guilty of pushing him. He had claimed that another official accidentally pushed him into Castro.
French champions PSG appointed Laurent Blanc as their new boss last month, as Carlo Ancelotti left to take over at Real Madrid.
According to BBC
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.