- Lewandowski: I'm signing for Bayern in January09:50 | 25/09/2013
With his contract set to expire at the end of the season, the Poland striker has revealed that the new year will see him agree a deal to join Bavarians next summer
Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski has ended speculation over his future by revealing that he will join Bayern Munich on a free transfer in 2014.
The forward, 25, was linked heavily with a move away from Signal Iduna Park during the summer but was denied a move by the BVB hierarchy and forced to spend at least one more season under Jurgen Klopp.
The Bavarians have remained the favourites to sign the Pole, however, and following the Schwarzgelben’s 2-0 DFB-Pokal second-round win over 1860 Munich, Lewandowski confirmed that the Allianz Arena will be his destination and that he will sign a pre-contract in January to join next summer.
When asked if he would confirm his move to Pep Guardiola’s men in January by Sport1, he responded: “Yes, because then I can officially sign the contract.”
The Poland international has scored 80 goals in 149 appearances for Dortmund since joining from Lech Poznan in 2010 for an estimated €4.5 million.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.