- Liverpool reveal new plans to develop Anfield Road end stand11:54 | 23/08/2019
Liverpool have scrapped an existing proposal to expand Anfield and will now work on a new and “larger” planning application.
Liverpool are to allow existing plans to redevelop the Anfield Road end stand to lapse
The club have decided to allow an existing outline planning permission, which allows for around 4,000 further seats in the Anfield Road end stand, due to expire next month to lapse.
Liverpool will now focus on alternative options as they continue with their redevelopment of Anfield, after owners Fenway Sports Group spent £115m on the new Main Stand in 2016.
The European champions will now engage with the local community and other key stakeholders as they determine the details of the new approach.
Liverpool FC chief operating officer Andy Hughes said: “The progress that has been made during ongoing feasibility studies has resulted in us being in a position to allow the outline planning permission to lapse.
“We are committed to working with local residents, planning officials and others as we now focus on the detail behind any proposed redevelopment for Anfield Road.”
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.