- Luis Suárez to play for Liverpool against Melbourne Victory16:24 | 22/07/2013
The Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers says he expects unsettled striker Luis Suárez to play against Melbourne Victory on Wednesday night, and to stay at the Premier League club.
Rodgers says Suárez, who is believed to want out of the club, is a valued member of the squad and he would not be considered for a transfer unless an adequate offer was received.
“Unless there’s any sort of offer that comes in anywhere near his value then there’s nothing to consider,” Rodgers said in Melbourne on Monday. “He’s an integral part of our squad and we’ll chat at some stage … he’s in great spirits. He’ll join training today.”
The Uruguay striker arrived in Australia on Sunday after missing Liverpool’s opening Asian tour match in Indonesia on Saturday night.
The rest of his team-mates flew into Melbourne on Sunday night to a rousing welcome from fans.
Rodgers also said Steven Gerrard would play, as well as Australian goalkeeper Brad Jones if he overcomes a knock which restricted his involvement in the match against an Indonesian XI in Jakarta.
The MCG has sold out for the friendly, with more than 95,000 expected to turn up for the game.
According to Guardian
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.