- Lukaku double sees Inter win at Udinese14:45 | 03/02/2020
Romelu Lukaku scored twice as Inter Milan won at Udinese to maintain the pressure on Juventus at the top of Serie A.
Romelu Lukaku is the first player in the three points per win era to score 11 or more goals in his first 11 appearances away from home in Serie A
Inter remain second in the table, three points behind Juve who beat Fiorentina earlier on Sunday.
Christian Eriksen, Ashley Young and on-loan Chelsea winger Victor Moses made their league debuts for the Nerazzurri.
But it was Lukaku who ensured victory, scoring with a close-range shot before adding his second with a penalty.
The former Manchester United forward has now scored 16 league goals since moving to Italy last summer and has scored 20 for Inter in all competitions.
He was helped by some poor goalkeeping by the hosts’ Juan Musso for his first, then by on-loan United forward Alexis Sanchez for his second – with the Chilean winning the spot-kick from Musso.
Antonio Conte’s side had drawn their three previous league games 1-1 . They are next in action when they host their rivals, AC Milan, in the Milan derby on Sunday, 9 February (19:45 GMT).
Source – BBC News
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.