- Man City progress to Carabao Cup final despite loss to 10-man Man United15:42 | 30/01/2020
Manchester City progressed to the Carabao Cup final despite losing 1-0 to rivals Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday.
Nemanja Matic endured a very mixed evening at the Etihad Stadium. Alex Livesey – Danehouse/Getty Images
Nemanja Matic scored the winner but he was later sent off in the second half as City went through 3-2 on aggregate to set up a Wembley final with Aston Villa.
Raheem Sterling thought he had equalised just before half time but his goal was correctly ruled out for offside.
City appeared nervous after the break but Sterling missed a golden chance from a counter attack after 59 minutes when he went past De Gea but blasted the ball over the bar.
Matic was sent off with 15 minutes remaining and although Aguero had another goal ruled out for offside, City won the tie despite losing on the night.
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.