- Manchester City manager Mancini confirms Hart won't start FA Cup final23:52 | 06/05/2013
The Italian reiterates that Romanian goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon will be preferred in goal, as opposed to the England No.1, when they face Wigan at Wembley on Saturday.
Roberto Mancini has confirmed that Costel Pantilimon will start Saturday’s FA Cup finalagainst Wigan at Wembley ahead of Joe Hart.
The Romanian keeper has played in all of City’s cup games so far this season and the Italian believes it would be unfair to revert back to his regular No.1 instead for the final.
The 26-year-old, who stands at a towering six feet and eight inches, has conceded just once in the FA Cup so far this season, with Chelsea striker Demba Ba in the semi-final the only man to have scored past him.
When asked if Hart would play on Saturday after Saturday’s 0-0 draw against Swansea City, Mancini told reporters: “I don’t think so.
“We decided this at the start of the season. Pantilimon deserves to play.
“Joe won the FA Cup two years ago, he won the Premier League last year, he is the best keeper in England and I think he should be happy his second keeper can play in a big game.
“I know he wants to play but we decided at the start of the season it was important for Pantilimon to play in the two cups.”
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.