- Manchester United and Inter Milan apart in Romelu Lukaku valuation17:07 | 13/07/2019
Manchester United have told Inter Milan they will need to pay more than £79m to sign Romelu Lukaku, increasing the prospect of the Belgian staying at Old Trafford.
Romelu Lukaku does not appear to be any closer to moving to Inter Milan
Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio was in London yesterday to meet United officials but was left in no doubt that their current proposal would not be good enough as they struggle to meet the Premier League club’s valuation.
United paid Everton £79m for Lukaku in 2017 and Sky Sports News has been told that United officials believe that figure is not an accurate valuation in the current market.
That is some way short of Inter’s initial plan of a loan followed by structured payments.
The sale of Mauro Icardi may yet help the Serie A club afford a deal, but there have been no offers for the Argentine and they are also struggling to offload Joao Mario, Dalbert Henrique and Radja Nainggolan.
Despite interest from Inter and Juventus no acceptable proposals are yet to emerge for Lukaku, meaning the possibility of staying at Old Trafford cannot be ruled out.
Lukaku, who is open to a move to Inter after feeling like he was mistreated last season, is currently with his Manchester United team mates in Perth having returned three days early from his summer break.
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.