- Manchester United owner Malcolm Glazer dies at 8512:08 | 29/05/2014
The 85-year-old, who also owned the American football franchise Tampa Bay Buccaneers passed away on Wednesday morning, the NFL team have confirmed
The American businessman, who also owns American football franchise Tampa Bay Buccaneers, passed away on Wednesday.
A statement on the Buccaneers’ website confirmed: “The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are saddened to announce the passing of Owner/President Malcolm Glazer earlier this morning at the age of 85.”
Glazer purchased United in 2005, with the Red Devils going on to win five Premier League titles, the Champions League and the Club World Cup under his stewardship.
And the club expressed expressed their condolences to the Glazer family in a short statement on their website, which read: “The thoughts of everyone at Manchester United are with the Glazer family tonight following the news that Malcolm Glazer has passed away.
“Malcolm leaves behind his wife Linda, six children and 14 grandchildren. Staff at Manchester United extend deep and sincere condolences to them all at this difficult time.”
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.