- Marseille bus stoned by Napoli fans10:10 | 08/11/2013
The Ligue 1 side received a hostile reception at the Stadio San Paolo, but defender Souleymane Diawara was not impressed.
The Olympique de Marseille team bus was attacked by Napoli fans ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League match at the Stadio San Paolo.
The Ligue 1 side’s vehicle was pelted with rocks upon arrival at the Serie A side’s stadium, resulting in a shattered window amongst other damage.
Nevertheless, despite the obvious damage, Marseille defender Souleymane Diawara claimed after the game that he did not notice the incident until he got off the vehicle.
“I did not hear anything because I was listening to music. I did not see the broken window until I left the bus,” Diawara told RMC when questioned about the attack.
“When you’re focused on the game, you don’t notice anything around you.
“There was a great atmosphere at the stadium. However, everybody had told me that Naples would be hell, so I had expected an ever more hostile reception.”
Marseille would eventually lose the Group F encounter 3-2, leaving them bottom of their section with zero points from four games.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.