- Messi back in training with Barcelona10:31 | 03/01/2014
The Argentine has been out of action since November 10 but is now in contention to feature in Sunday’s Liga clash with Elche at Camp Nou.
Barcelona have confirmed that Lionel Messi has returned to training after a month out with a hamstring problem.
The 26-year-old suffered the injury in the 4-1 Liga victory over Real Betis on November 10 and returned to his native Argentina for treatment.
However, Barcelona announced on Thursday that not only is Messi back in Catalunya, the forward is also back in action.
“Leo Messi landed in Barcelona this afternoon and went directly to the Ciutat Esportiva to meet up with his team-mates and get fitted for new boots ahead of the team’s training session,” read a statement on the club’s official website.
“Messi, who has yet to be declared match fit, took part in the team’s second training session of the day.”
Barcelona, who top La Liga on goal difference from Atletico Madrid, resume their bid for a second successive Spanish title when they face Elche at Camp Nou on Sunday.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.