- Messi fit for Atleti Super Cup clash09:19 | 28/08/2013
The 26-year-old has been given the nod by the club’s medical staff to face los Rojiblancos, but Adriano drops out in favour of Martin Montoya.
Lionel Messi has been named in the Barcelona squad ahead of Wednesday’s Spanish Super Cup second leg with Atletico Madrid after shrugging off a thigh problem.
The Argentine did not reappear for the second half in last week’s first-leg clash with los Rojiblancos – which ended 1-1 – and was subsequently omitted by coach Gerardo Martino for the visit to Malaga at the weekend.
However, the 26-year-old was rumoured to have made a rapid recovery after being photographed participating in training alongside his Blaugrana team-mates, and Martino has confirmed the speculation by naming him in his 19-man squad.
Neymar, who netted the equaliser against the capital club last week, is set to face Atleti once again, while Martin Montoya comes into the squad in place of Adriano, who netted the winning goal against the Andalusians on Sunday.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.