- Messi resumes full training12:13 | 27/08/2013
The Argentine had missed Barca’s win over Malaga at the weekend due to a thigh knock but practised normally ahead of their clash with Atletico Madrid on Wednesday.
Barcelona have confirmed that Lionel Messi has resumed full training ahead of his side’s clash with Atletico Madrid on Wednesday.
The Argentina international was withdraw at half-time of the two-legged Supercopa clash against Diego Simeone’s side last week and was forced to sit out the weekend’s 1-0 win over Malaga.
However, he has now been passed fit to face the capital club at Camp Nou and practised with his team-mates ahead of the clash.
“Leo Messi was back in training with the rest of the squad this lunchtime after being rested as a precautionary measure for the game against Malaga, following the bruised thigh he suffered against Atletico Madrid last Wednesday,” a club statement read.
Meanwhile, those who were involved in the narrow win at La Rosaleda did recovery work, having stayed overnight in Malaga.
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.