- Moyes open to late Bale raid10:39 | 27/08/2013
Real Madrid have agreed a deal with Tottenham to sign the Welshman for a world-record €100 million but the Scot could yet throw a spanner in the works
David Moyes has admitted Manchester United “are always interested in the best players” after being quizzed over rumours linking them with a bid for Gareth Bale.
Though Spurs have agreed an €100 million deal with Real Madrid for the sale of the Welshman for a world-record fee, reports have claimed that more than one team have made an offer.
Moyes insisted that no bid has been made by his side for last season’s PFA Player of the Year but suggested that they were considering the Tottenham talisman.
“Manchester United will always be interested in the best players. We’re always looking to improve the team,” the Scot told reporters after his side’s 0-0 draw with Chelsea.
“The owners have given me every opportunity to bring in whoever I want so we’ll continue looking at those players.
“It’s been tough in this window, I must say. We are always in for the best players.”
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.