- PREMIER LEAGUE11:30 | 07/05/2013
There was plenty to shout about late on as Chelsea beat Manchester United 1-0 in Sunday’s second Premier League game.
Luis Suarez was suspended so unable to play a part for Liverpool in the Merseyside derby against Everton.
Liverpool fans thanked Everton before the match for their solidarity over the Hillsborough disaster.
Seamus Coleman and Jordan Henderson tangled early on.
Brendan Rodgers and David Moyes watched the action.
No goals arrived before the break but Jamie Carragher had some words for the referee.
Sylvain Distin and his Everton team-mates were frustrated when they had a goal ruled out.
Both sides battled hard but the match ended 0-0
Nemanja Vidic and Frank Lampard said hello before the start of Manchester United v Chelsea
Wayne Rooney started the contest on the bench.
Anderson made a rare start for United.
Ryan Giggs tried to create but the half-time score was 0-0.
Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson looked on.
There was late drama as Juan Mata’s shot deflected in off Phil Jones to give Chelsea the lead in the 87th minute.
Mata celebrated the goal that provides the Blues’ top-four bid with a big boost.
There was time for more as Rafael was sent off for kicking David Luiz before the match ended with Chelsea winning 1-0.
According to Teamtalk
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.