- Ramos, Pique and Arbeloa sit out Spain training14:58 | 14/10/2013
Vicente del Bosque allows the defensive trio to rest up after a hard-fought victory over Belarus, but all are expected to feature in the final group clash with Georgia
Sergio Ramos, Gerard Pique and Alvaro Arbeloa have been excused from training with the Spain squad after their 2-1 victory over Belarus on Friday.
All three defenders made it through the 90 minutes in Mallorca as la Roja moved to within one point of securing their place in the World Cup finals, thanks to strikes from Pique’s Barcelona team-mate Xavi and Manchester City’s Alvaro Negredo.
However their training has now been restricted to gym sessions by team doctors, as the trio are allowed time to recuperate following a draining performance at the Iberostar Stadium and a hectic start to their respective club seasons.
None of the trio are carrying any injuries, and though the rest of the team prepare for Tuesday’s game against Georgia without them, it is not thought that there are any questions over their availability.
But with fatigue clearly a factor in the back line, it could pave the way for 21-year-old left-back Alberto Moreno to make his full debut.
Vicente del Bosque’s men only need a point against Group I’s bottom team when they meet at Albacete’s Estadio Carlos Belmonte to ensure top spot, and an automatic berth in Brazil nest summer
According to Goal
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.