- Real ‘confident’ Man Utd will ‘make an offer’ for £18.5m star10:54 | 15/09/2020
Real Madrid are convinced that Man Utd will make a bid for Gareth Bale this summer as they look to offload the winger, according to reports.
Bale – who is contracted to Real until June 2022 – has fallen out of favour under manager Zinedine Zidane and played just 48 minutes of Madrid’s 12 games when the Spanish season resumed after the coronavirus lockdown.
Zidane accused Bale of not wanting to play in the Champions League tie with Manchester City, but the Wales forward has hit back by saying Real have stopped him leaving Spain on various occasions.
Bale often cut an uninterested spectator on the sidelines when Spanish football returned in June.
He was pictured pretending to sleep in the stands and using a roll of wrist tape as a telescope when he found out he was going to be an unused substitute.
And the signs are that he could now leave the club this summer with Mundo Deportivo (via Sport Witness) reporting that Real Madrid are ‘confident’ that Man Utd will ‘make an offer’ for the former Tottenham man.
The report adds that Real are not willing to pay Bale off to leave – like Man Utd did with Alexis Sanchez – but they do suggest ‘this is what may end up happening’.
Zidane has had enough and wants the Welshman to leave the Spanish club ‘as soon as possible’ with ‘the starting price of Bale would be around’ €20m (£18.5m).
Source – Football365.com
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.