- REAL MADRID 2 BORUSSIA DORTMUND 0 (AGG: 3-4)10:38 | 04/05/2013
This Borussia Dortmund was dressed to impress as the German side travelled to Madrid defending a 4-1 lead in their Champions League semi-final second leg.
Cristiano Ronaldo looked to carve open an early chance for Real.
Dortmund’s Mats Hummels found himself penned in.
Mesut Ozil was left frustrated as Madrid failed to convert several first-half chances.
Jurgen Klopp would have been relatively satisfied as his Dortmund side went in at half-time with their 4-1 lead still intact.
Robert Lewandowski nearly put the game out of sight for Real after the break when he fired off the crossbar.
Jose Mourinho urged his team forward as time ran out for Real.
Karim Benzema then popped up with eight minutes left to make it 1-0 to the hosts on the night.
Eight minutes later, Sergio Ramos had the Real fans believing in miracles when he reduced the aggregate score to 3-4.
A third goal would have sent Real through on away goals, but it didn’t come, and the Spanish giants exited the competition.
It was celebration time to Dortmund, who progressed to the Champions League final 4-3 on aggregate.
Klopp displayed his joy as the German giants were left awaiting the winner of Bayern Munich and Barcelona.
According to Teamtalk
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.