- Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz tests positive for coronavirus10:07 | 29/07/2020
Mariano Diaz has tested positive for coronavirus, casting doubt on his participation in Real Madrid’s Champions League tie at Manchester City on August 7.
Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz will isolate at home, away from the rest of the squad
Real said tests were conducted on the squad on Monday and though the 26-year-old Dominican international Diaz was in “perfect health”, he would be self-isolating at home.
Real, who trail City 2-1 from the first leg of their last-16 tie before the pandemic suspended the competition in March, are set to play the Premier League side in the second leg on August 7 at the Etihad.
The Spanish club announced via a statement: “After the Covid-19 tests carried out individually on our first-team yesterday by the Real Madrid Medical Services, our player Mariano has given a positive result.
“The player is in perfect health and complying with the sanitary isolation protocol at home.”
Source – Sky Sports
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.