- Reus scores twice as Dortmund crush Leverkusen11:55 | 15/09/2019
Borussia Dortmund overpowered Bayer Leverkusen 4-0 on Saturday with two goals from captain Marco Reus to move into second place in the Bundesliga, a point behind leaders RB Leipzig, who drew 1-1 with Bayern Munich.
Dortmund captain Marco Reus bagged a double as his side went back to the top of the table. AP Photo/Martin Meissner
In a perfect dress rehearsal for next week’s Champions League opener at home to Barcelona, the Spanish side’s former player Paco Alcacer volleyed in his fifth goal of the campaign in the 28th minute. The Spaniard has now scored in every competitive game for both club and country this season.
Reus struck five minutes after the restart with Jadon Sancho cutting back into the box and Alcacer faking a shot but letting the ball through his legs for the Dortmund captain to fire in.
In a similar move Leverkusen goalkeeper Lukas Hradecky palmed a Sancho cross into the path of Portuguese Raphael Guerreiro who had no trouble tapping in the third goal after 83 minutes before Reus completed the win in the 90th.
“We defended really well today and that necessary. We knew they would have a lot of possession,” Dortmund coach Lucien Favre told reporters.
“We were patient. We defended well when needed, we stayed calm and avoided any big mistakes. We also showed we can play well on the break.”
Source – ESPN
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.