- Roma legend Daniele De Rossi retires after leaving Boca Juniors10:41 | 07/01/2020
Roma legend Daniele De Rossi has retired from professional football at the age of 36 after leaving Boca Juniors, according to Sky in Italy.
Daniele De Rossi has retired from football after leaving Boca Juniors – Sky in Italy
His contract with the Argentine side was due to expire in June but the Italian World Cup winner has decided to retire from playing and could now return to Rome in a new role.
Doubts had emerged about De Rossi’s stay in Argentina after changes at the top of the Buenos Aires club following elections. It is understood that he will explain the reasons for his decision and what he plans to do next at an upcoming news conference.
De Rossi joined Boca Juniors on a one-year deal in July
De Rossi joined Boca Juniors on a one-year deal in July following 18 years at Roma. He had previously expressed an admiration for the Bombonera in 2017.
However, he only managed six games for Boca, with injuries hampering his stay in the Primera Division.
Daniele De Rossi only managed six games for Boca
De Rossi was a product of Roma’s youth system and made 616 appearances for the Italian side, winning two Coppa Italias and one Supercoppa Italiana.
Source – Sky Sport
Portrait of famous people
- Le Huynh Duc is former captain of Vietnamese national Football team. He is currently coaching SHB Ðà Nẵng.
- Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is to retire at the end of the season.
- Striker Le Cong Vinh is playing for SLNA
- Lionel Messi became the best scorer in a year with 91 goals in 2012.